Start a travel agency for free.
Nowadays, technology has not only automated the way we socialize or work but has also altered the way people travel. According to a recent research report, it has been found that at present more than 53% of travellers lookout for travel products online.
If considered globally, it is seen that around 83% of the travel and tour packages are purchased online via the internet. This increasing demand for online booking and ticketing has bound the tour operators and travel agents to look for a seamless travel portal website.
If you are a travel agency owner or tour operator, then you need to rely upon a reliable travel agency system or software to automate all the tasks that have been performed manually to date.
Thus, to help you out with this, here in this blog we have discussed some of the prominent features that will make a travel portal website engaging and exciting for travellers. In addition to this, it will also help the travel agents in building strong customer relationships.
What are the top 10 features of travel website?
- Mobile-friendly and Responsive Website Design : One of the most significant functionalities of a website is that it must be responsive and mobile-friendly. This will make the navigation easier for customers who are desiring to book their tour via their mobile.
- Interactive High-quality Images : High-quality and beautiful visuals undoubtedly create a bigger impact on customers and they find it attractive. Let’s say, for example, if your travel website provides facilities for hotel reservation then you must include some images of the rooms. This will help in understanding some in-detailed aspects like the size of the room, washroom, balcony, etc.
- Search Filters : The search filter is one of the most helpful features in a website as it assists the customers in matching their requirements and expectations seamlessly. Here you need to incorporate various parameters related to travelling like the country you want to visit, your estimated budget, the number of days you will be staying, and many more. This will make the online booking experience easier for the customers and they will get their desired results instantly.
- API Integrations : A travel portal must possess API and XML integrations. This will help the customers in connecting to a chain of travel service providers and will automate the services
- Integration of Travel Portals with Google Maps : Integration of travel portals with Google Maps will help the customers in spotting their destination or location on the map. It will also help them in searching for nearby hotels and restaurants.
- Virtual Reality : This feature has a prominent role in the tourism industry as it allows the customers to explore a place with a 360-degree view before actually visiting the place.
- Customer Reviews : TCustomer reviews are a must for any travel website as people trust reviews shared by others. It has the power to either build or destroy your brand image.
- Secured Payment Gateways : Make sure that your payment gateways are secured so that customers can have a hassle-free experience while making any transactions on your travel website.
- Transparent Pricing : Your travel website needs to display the charges and rates of the services in details. So that the customer can compare the rates of the services with other websites before booking online on your website. This proves that your website is trustworthy.
- Acceptance of Multiple Currency : As the tourism industry is globally focused, a travel portal website should accept payments in multiple currencies. This will conveniently help worldwide customers in making easy payments. Thus, a profitable travel portal website must include these top 10 features effectively to provide top-notch services to its customers.
flightapis.com is one of the leading travel portal solution providing company serving the industry for years. Contact us for a free quote on travel portal development services.